It should be noted that infants and children are not immune to dental problems. Paediatric dentistry focuses on the oral health of children from infancy through their teens. Paediatric dentists at Dr. Mukul Dabholkar’s Dental Clinic are trained and have years of experience in taking care of children’s teeth, gums and mouth at various stages of their development and addressing dental needs of children.
Baby teeth start erupting as early as six months in most children and by 6-7 years of age the baby teeth are replaced with permanent teeth. Lack of good oral hygiene may result in decay and diseases that may cause pain and complications that last a lifetime. Studies reveal that today dental caries is the most chronic childhood ailment among children aged 5-15 years.
Our dentists aim to provide optimal dental care in a gentle and caring environment. Our primary focus is on education, prevention and early treatment in order to avoid future problems. Some of our services include but are not limited to
- Providing oral health exams for infants that include assessment of risk of caries in mother and baby.
- Preventive dental care which includes diet recommendations, cleaning instructions, fluoride treatments etc.
- Counseling on habits such as thumb sucking or using pacifiers
- Early assessment and treatment for orthodontics or alignment of teeth and improper bite problems
- Early detection and treatment of cavities or defects
- Management of gum disease including ulcers etc
- Management of dental traumas
- Diagnosis of oral conditions those are associated with hay fever, diabetes, asthma, congenital heart disease and the like.
It is important to understand that children do not have patience like adults and may not cooperate during a dental examination or procedure. So it is very important to consider the expertise and skill of the paediatric dentist before taking your child to one. Our paediatric dentists create a fun-filled, friendly, social and comfortable environment for the child. In addition our offices and equipments are designed keeping children in mind to provide positive experiences avoiding dental phobias. In case you have any doubts, please schedule an appointment with us to find out more about our children’s dentistry practice.